My brand new spanish car
Yes. Suddenly I did it. I bought a brand new car last Tuesday and also I am very, very happy now. After commuting to and from work in my 2005 SEAT IBIZA for the past 6 years, I finally relented and bought myself a new car. That’s right. I’m now the proud owner of a brand-new factory-fresh black-coloured 2013 SEAT LEON.
Frankly, I feel like I died and went to heaven. This is the first new car I’ve ever owned that I got to drive from day ONE; my IBIZA was bought for the Honeybee. Quality of this car is very high because SEAT is a spanish subsidiary of Volkswagen concern (like Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Lamborghini, MAN, Porsche, Scania and Škoda).
The new car from Spain is a European Union import from Denmark. With this process I save more than 10.000,- EUR by tax benefits. Sounds weird, but that’s the Truth! The only disadvantage is a long delay for production in Martorell, Spain and both transports to Denmark and finally to Germany. I can live with it. 😉 Delivery date is on a day in November.
I came to a decision and choose a 2.0 TDI engine with 184 hp under the hood, the LEON can get from 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 60 mps) in 7.5 seconds and its maximum speed is 229 Km/h (143 mps). Far away from IBIZA’s performance; it has only 64 horses.
We come to the car’s equipment. Here it is:
- panorama sun roof
- sport landing gear „FR“-Serie
- front sport seats
- satellite-linked navigation system with voice recognition
- SEAT Sound System with 10 speakers and subwoofer and Media-System Touch
- digital audio broadcast (DAB+)
- Bluetooth hands-free link and streaming audio
- dual-zone climate control
- winter package (heated front seats, heated windscreen washer system and frontlights washer system)
- full LED Lights
- day lights
- Coming-Home/Leaving-Home function
- high beam assistance
- keep in lane assistance
- rain sensor
- hill hold control
- parking assistance
- ABS, ESP, ASR and XDS
- cruise control
- gear shift recommendations
- 18“ tires